Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Very Vegetarian Chili

In the midst of all the storms here in Texas it has also been a bit more cool than normal for this time of year, so relaxing with the rain and enjoying a "no bother" recipe of Vegetarian Chili from Robin Miller on Food Network seemed like a great idea. The only problem I faced is the couscous in the recipe. My love for this grain is few and far between.

Vegetarian Chili

A substitute had to be used in place of the grain. Well, when replacing an item in a recipe you haven't tried the best idea is to KISS (keep it simple stupid) it. My choice replacement was long grain wild rice. 30 minutes before I was ready to serve my chili I placed a cup of rice in the mixture and let it cook till tender. It was perfect. 

This is a recipe I chose to throw together because I had all the ingredients in the pantry, but it has become a family favorite. Its simplicity of being able to toss all the items in the pot together and walk away makes it even better for me. Now I have more time to get lost in a good book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment